Chief Financial Officer
Robert Larsen currently serves as a director and Chief Financial Officer of Stealth Air Corp. Mr. Larsen’s core competencies lie in management of domestic and international businesses in areas of: Military/Government/Commercial/Medical Device; Manufacturing, Machining, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, Injection Molding, Metal-Working and Software, including Customer Service, Sales, Support and Distribution. Mr. Larsen has established and developed tactical and strategic business plans, developed annual business/program budgets, managed major Government/Military/Commercial programs, developed proposals, cost analysis and customer presentations.
Prior history can be summarized as follows:
- Profit responsibility for organizations/programs generating $5M to $100M.
Developed cost analysis on all new business/business return to profitability opportunities.
Conducted and developed Life Cycle Cost/Cost Benefit Analysis for SBIR/STTR projects/programs.
Conducted business, financial and manufacturing Risk assessments on SBIR/STTR Phase II/II.5 programs.
Utilizing, FAR; EVM, TRL’s, MRL’s, BRL’s and TRIMS tools, participated in PDR’s, CDR’s, FAT’s and DTF.
Developed programs targeting new business opportunities.
Developed cost reduction programs by implementing lean principles.
Established/managed marketing and sales organizations.
Implemented ISO9000 and GMP compliance programs.
- Implemented Lean Manufacturing, Kanban, Work Cell, Value Stream Mapping, 5S and Just In Time.
- Implemented Continuous Improvement Initiatives, Total Quality Management and Kaizen.
- Managed multiple operations (500+ employees).
Business and Manufacturing Consultant 10/2015 to Present
ACC Systems, Inc., Bohemia, NY 11716.
A privately held, custom product design and manufacturing company, providing goods and services to DoD and commercial markets, domestically and internationally.
- Providing and implementing plans for growth and diversification.
- Leading efforts to develop an RFID device for a military command/control field medical application.
- Leading efforts to develop an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for specific applications.
Business and Manufacturing Consultant with a Secret Clearance 11/2006 to 10/2015
Dawnbreaker Inc., North Chili, NY 14514.
A privately held company providing support to SBIR DoD suppliers.
- Provided business/manufacturing assessments/assistance to NAVAIR, CRP, DoD suppliers transitioning to Phase II.5-III.
- Private client: Sold a company for $10M; resolved major prime subcontractor issues; negotiated $2M option price increase.
Vice President, General Manager 6/2003 to 11/2006
Ledco Inc. Division, Hemlock, NY 14466.
A privately held, $3.5M Laminating machine manufacturing business.
- Introduced new synergistic products, negotiated exclusive agreement that would increase sales by $3.0M annually.
- Reduced order shipping lead-times from 4 weeks to same day/next day, while reducing inventories from $1.8M to $600K.
- Managed all departments, including Design Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Operations.
Business Unit Manager, Executive Vice President 1/1995 to 6/2003
Lockheed Martin Systems Support & Training Services, Dearborn, MI.
An information technology business unit, providing customer service, systems integration, depot repair of computer, electronic, electro-mechanical and OEM products including software support for the automotive, commercial and government markets. The company sold directly to end users, domestically and internationally.
- Transitioned division sales from $15M/loss, to $30M/profitable by reducing cost and increasing the customer base.
- Improved cash flow by $4M+ through customer negotiations.
- Developed and managed successful sales and marketing team by implementing total account management principles.
- Strategically repositioned the business with major customers (FMC, GM, Chrysler and the US Military/Government).
- Successfully directed the company through the ISO 9001 certification process and passed all audits over a 4 year period.
- Reviewed, selected and implemented a fully integrated business management system (MRP/MRPII).
- Successfully targeted potential buyers for the company, marketed and sold the business unit.